Do you love accessorizing with beautiful jewelry? Is fashion an area where you thrive? Do you have a talent for creating unique jewelry and love to create beautiful things with your own hands?
If you answered yes to these questions, then selling jewelry from home can be a great way to bring in some extra income.
Here are three legit ways to turn your love of jewelry into a profit.
Create and sell your own jewelry
If you are crafty, and you enjoy making jewelry, you can start your own business based on your products.
Before sites like Etsy came along, getting your products to your customers was challenging. It often sets up displays at craft fairs and vendor shows, trying to make a name for itself in the local market and hoping for referrals from previous customers.
But, you don’t have to run that display circuit anymore (unless you want to, and a lot of people think it’s fun!) Instead, you can set up your own business from the comfort of your home by following these steps:
- Decide what makes your business unique. Consumers have a lot of jewelry sellers, so you must stand out. What makes your business special? Do you use fair-trade ingredients in all your products? Best prices around you? The thing that makes you different is called your “Unique Selling Proposition” — use it to build your brand!
- Know what your profit margin is. If you are not careful, you can lose money selling your jewelry. Make sure you calculate all your materials costs, your fees for labor (your time shouldn’t be free!), shipping costs, and any fees for sales. Then use this information to price your product so you stay profitable.
- Decide where to sell your jewelry. You have options for sale. You can create your own website and market directly to consumers through it. Other options include setting up a seller profile on Etsy, Zibbet, eBay or similar online marketplaces Then you can sell your products from there. Just be sure to read the fine print carefully so you understand what your fees will be.
- Create your jewelry. Do your best in every single part. Remember that your product and customer service is your reputation, and you want it to be a good one. The more people love your work, the more likely they are to buy more or refer you to a friend.
- Take beautiful pictures. Remember that A picture worth 1000 words? This is especially true online, when people can’t pick up your jewelry to check it out for themselves. Take high quality photos of all products available for sale. Think about what you want to see before buying and make sure you capture all the relevant angles You can get decent pictures using a new smartphone, and there are plenty of tutorials online to help
- Put time into your product description. What will your buyers want to know about your piece? Give them the information they want in your product description. Don’t take shortcuts here, or your sales will suffer. Include the necessary information and a great description of each piece. If you list your necklaces online, it will also help to think of phrases people might use to find your necklaces and use them in your copy.
- Start marketing. Even if you have the most incredible offer, you can’t expect buyers to just show up. You have to spread the word about your business. To market your products, consider using Instagram and Facebook, or any other social media platform where your ideal customers hang out. Especially for jewelry, Pinterest is another great option!
- Collect reviews and testimonials. As customers purchase your product, encourage them to review your piece. If someone emails you a glowing review, ask permission to use it as a testimonial. This is called social proof and is important to help increase your sales.
Join a direct selling jewelry company
Making your own jewelry is not a requirement for sale. There are many here Jewelry Company You can join, and I love direct sales as a work-at-home option. If you enjoy sales and working with people, this is a great prospect for you.
There are several jewelry companies you can join, so take a look at the inventory before choosing. If you’re not crazy about what you see, there’s more to see! Stella and Dot, Paparazzi and Origami Owl are all popular now I think Trades of Hope is really interesting for a more unique bohemian look.
Make sure you read all the rules, see what’s included in the starter kit, and understand the compensation plans for your consideration. This way you get a clear picture of what to expect.
The key to success with direct selling is finding a product that you love to share. It’s all about sharing what’s wonderful!
Become an affiliate marketer for an established company
If you already have an online presence, you can add an additional income stream by selling jewelry as an affiliate marketer.
You must sign up as an affiliate for the companies you are interested in Then you start telling other people about them through blog posts or social media blasts If someone clicks on your link and makes a purchase, you get a commission. Some companies even offer a referral bonus if you refer someone who becomes an affiliate.
Terms and conditions for affiliates vary widely by company, so make sure you read all the details. You will want to know the percentage of commission you will receive and how long the cookies will last. There are some restrictions on where you can promote your affiliate link, so check all the fine print before you start publishing your link everywhere.
These are four different jewelry companies that partner with:
- Lilyfair Jewellery. As an affiliate with LilyFair Jewellery, you can currently earn 15% commission.
- Jared. You can join the Jared Affiliate Program through Commission Junction. They currently offer 5-7% commission.
- KA Gold Jewelry. As an affiliate of KA Gold Jewellery, you will earn 10% commission on every sale you refer.
These are some great ways to make money selling jewelry from home. Use your imagination and follow your passion!