You may focus on your loved ones this holiday season, but it’s also important to remember yourself for safety and peace of mind. If you’re looking for ways to ensure your safety as you age, a medical alert system can be a great option.
These systems and devices are especially important if you plan to remain independent, which is the goal of most older adults. According to a Survey conducted by AARPAbout 77 percent of adults age 50 and older want to stay in their home long-term.
If this sounds like you, maybe it’s time to start thinking about itAnd .
Is now a good time to buy medical alert systems?
There are plentyThis year, but medical precautions may be at the top of the list. Fortunately, with lots of holiday sales, now is a great time to buy a medical alert system.
Start searching for a system and product that makes sense for you by shopping at Medical Guardian. Right now, you can get up to 50% off select products and a free lockbox with one month of free service, free ground shipping and Medical Guardian’s year-end closeout sale.
The National Council on Aging (NCOA). This is in addition to the one-time payment for the products and installation or activation fees. And if you want add-on services like fall detection, your monthly price will increase slightly (about $10 per month, NCOA says).The range depends on the product you need. Starting costs range from about $20 to $40 per month, although many companies will allow you to choose different payment plans (quarterly, semi-annually, annually, etc.).
NCOA Medical Guardian provides a breakdown of some costs, equipment and activation fees for various products on its website. However, it generally does not consider any holiday sales or discounts. Again, prices vary based on your needs and the product you choose. The best way to save money is to buy only the products you think are necessary.
You can usually get a free quote from the company. Compare some of the top medical alert system providers now.
“Cost is an understandable concern. However, the cost of not investing in a medical alert device can be more devastating than investing in one,” Medical Guardian Online states Time to explain its value. “Experts refer to the first hour after a fall as the ‘golden hour.’ Seeking treatment at this critical time has been shown to dramatically reduce medical costs and increase survival rates. After the first hour, treatment becomes risky and requires rehabilitation and expensive long-term care. Maybe. For about $1 a day, you and your loved ones can experience the peace of mind that comes with 24-hour emergency response at the push of a button.”
If money is a concern, you can tryThrough government programs like Medicaid, the US Department of Veterans Affairs, or more.
How it works
When it comes to medical alerts, there aren’t just systems to choose from — but devices, too (and yes, you can buy such devices for loved ones). You just need to decide if you’re looking for protection at home, protection on the go (like wearable devices), or both.
Medical Guardian Breaks down how its systems work In three easy steps:
- Click for help: Press your medical alert help button in an emergency (all devices are equipped with buttons to connect you to a trained emergency operator in seconds so you don’t have to worry about waiting for someone to find you).
- Connect to a 24/7 emergency monitoring center: When you press the button or your fall is detected, a team of emergency operators is contacted and will provide immediate assistance.” When you press the button on your Medical Guardian device, you will receive immediate assistance from an expert who will receive you. Your Need help – urgent or not – now. Our operators receive intensive training to handle any situation, so you’re in good hands,” explains Medical Guardian.
- Ways to help are: If you alert the operators that you need help or if you are unresponsive, emergency medical services will be dispatched to make sure you are safe. “We recognize that not every situation calls for an emergency response. If you just need an extra hand, our trained operators will alert family members, neighbors or friends in your care circle so you can quickly get the help you need,” adds Medical Guardian. .
Not sure what to choose? Let the medical guardian walk you through the process.
Everyone’s situation is unique. You can take a short product quiz to find out which system and product(s) make the most sense for your situation.
Here are some questions to answer:
- Do you need emergency monitoring services when you leave your home?
- Do you want a mobile device with cellular connectivity?
- Do you want your device to automatically alert emergency services if you fall?
- Do you want to be covered when you don’t have your device in hand?
- Does anyone else in your household need coverage?
Once you have completed answering all of the above questions, Medical Guardian will retrieve your product information. All you need to do is enter your name, email address and phone number to receive more detailed information about the product and a free quote.