I have been blogging – for profit – since 2009. I started blogging about online business to get virtual assistant clients. Once I learned about affiliate marketing, I was hooked! Since then I have started, and occasionally sold, many profitable blogs.
But here’s the deal. I’m sure you’ve been told at least once how making money from your blog is kind of dirty. If you really like it, you want to do it for free. And shame on you for even thinking of selling anything. Total hogwash! If you provide a service to your readers through tutorials, reviews and valuable information, there’s no reason you shouldn’t make money. And there are a number of ways to do it.
I will say this upfront: it will not be easy. And if you’re not trying to become a top-tier blogger, chances are slim. If your blog primarily consists of journaling your daily life to a small group of followers, you may need to go solo in love. And very few people make a full time income from their blog. But it is possible! If you’re only in it for the cash or you put money over the community, however, you’ll burn out before you make your first percentage. Guaranteed. So before you think you’re ready to make money blogging, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I ready and able to spend money on blogging? Many opportunities require at least one custom domain.
- Am I ready and able to blog for six months – consistently and at high quality – before I make any money?
- Am I ready and able to handle the ups and downs of blogging income? Seriously up and down.
- Am I ready and able to get out there, find readers, build a community, and support my followers the way I expect them to support me?
- Am I blogging for myself or am I blogging to serve others? (Blogs that provide a service, eg tutorials/recommendations/influences, are the best money-making prospects.)
Money doesn’t come overnight. It doesn’t come free. It certainly comes to those readers who can not believe. And it won’t come by itself. You must have influence. you have to the creation Your own influence. Please remember – brands don’t want you (no offense), they want your readers No readers = no money. Last row.
Below are different ways to make money with your blog. Here you’ll find a nice mix of affiliate programs, store credit opportunities, places to get review products (so maybe not cash, but free products) and some unique ideas. Rejoice. Always be ethical. Always express your brand affiliation. (On that note, this list contains referral links. Recommendations are always honest.)
1. Affiliate Program and Network
With affiliate marketing, you earn a commission or flat fee for referring sales and leads. You can include product reviews or your affiliate links where it fits naturally into your content. Instead of grasping at straws, think about the products or services you want. If it’s available for purchase online, it probably has an affiliate program.
Pro Tip: Go back through your most popular posts and see which recommended products or services would be a good fit Update your post, create a cool new Pinnable image and promote it to your social media channels
2. Display advertising network
Many bloggers start with display ads. It’s pretty hands off. You insert an ad code in your sidebar widget or in a post and you earn through impressions or clicks. Some blogs do well with this income stream, some don’t. Some do better with a network targeting a specific niche like Rivit that works with DIY and build publishers as opposed to a big generic platform like AdSense. A few to consider:
3. Direct advertising sales opportunities
These income opportunities can include many things; Banner ads, sponsored posts, dedicated emails and more. Most advertisers are looking for a targeted, engaged audience. My preferred medium of ad serving is OIO Publisher. It is a one-time investment as opposed to ongoing fees. It automates most of the buying process and sends weekly statistics to your advertisers.
4. Review networks and opportunities
Here are some great places to pick up review products and sponsored post opportunities.
5. Savings credit opportunities
These offers usually require you to be an existing customer. Although they may not pay you cash, why not shop for free if you shop there?
Not only can you offer your writing and blog-related skills to others but there are in-demand services related to your blog niche that can earn you money. You can even offer consulting services or earn money by speaking. Maybe you can do home or group demonstrations at the local level as well.
7. Your own product
Back in the day writing and selling an eBook through ClickBank or E-Junky could be a bit expensive. Making your skills available on Kindle today involves minimal hurdles and investment. Amazon will pay you royalties for every sale. And remember, Amazon has its own affiliate program. You can have an army of people to promote your ebook for you!
Kindle not hip? Here are some other options for selling products through your blog:
- Sell your homemade goods through an eStore like Woocommerce
- Write a course and make it available on a platform like Teachable or Udemy
- Sell your ebooks on your own site with a service like gumroad
Some blogs are worth including some subscriptions that provide exclusive content or support. The good thing about memberships is they often mean recurring income. When people pay their dues each month, you get paid. Blog Subscription Software:
- a member
- wish list
- the rainmaker
9. Other money making opportunities
Don’t let money get in front of your community. Without community you have no valuable asset. Put your readers’ needs first. Only take opportunities that excite you.
Where can I get more help?
Blogging is an ever-changing evolution. Even I know I still have room to improve. Two years ago I attended the inaugural class of the Elite Blog Academy. It was one of the biggest blogging investments I’ve ever made and one of the best. Since I started Elite Blog Academy I have:
- Quadrupled my blog traffic (and then some).
- My blog income increased by more than 50% in just one month
- Connect with several helpful and equally motivated bloggers looking for long-term partnerships and promotion opportunities (a private Facebook group is available to members).
- Discovered many helpful resources and opportunities I didn’t know existed
- Increased my Facebook and Pinterest engagement and traffic with just a few simple changes
- Having created a publishing platform that I am proud of and have high hopes for
EBA is a self-paced course divided into 12 sections.
During the 12 lessons, you will learn how to:
- Eliminate blog clutter by creating an organized structure that sets the stage for everything you do.
- Discover the secrets to using Pinterest, the world’s most powerful free marketing tool.
- Understand what isn’t working in your current monetization model and instead, create specific goals and a solid plan to achieve them.
- Dramatically increase your site’s passive income by mastering four key strategies for optimizing ad network revenue.
- Take advantage of the important—but often overlooked—connection between SEO and advertising revenue.
- Get over your fear of personal advertising and learn to approach brands with confidence instead.
- Know what it is really It takes making a six-figure income from your blog, then developing your own product with a successful marketing plan to sell it.
- Create a solid working business plan to take your blogging business to the next level.
- 12 comprehensive unit videos
- 12 detailed unit workbooks with video outlines
- 16 powerful handouts
- 30 Objective Assignment
- 4 Live Webinars
- Accountability and community within a private community forum
How many courses do you know that are designed with a blogging topic in mind? (Eg. Foodie Blog, Mommy Blog, Blogging Blog) This course is not made with only in mind. The information here is suitable for everyone.
This course isn’t cheap, but that’s a good thing. Your fellow EBA students are highly motivated, supportive and ready to succeed. You will undoubtedly be in good company. If you put in the work, the course will pay for itself over time. And, Elite Blog Academy comes with one 100% money-back guarantee If you are not happy with your results.