purchaseCan help protect your loved ones if you die early in life. Some people use such products As cash resources for investment or potential access .
But with so many life insurance providers to choose from, it can be confusing for consumers. Here, we take a look at what AIG Life Insurance offers (note that AIG Life Insurance has been rebranded to Corebridge Financial).
If you’re in the market for life insurance, get started now by getting a free life insurance quote from AIG.
Overview of AIG Life Insurance
AIG Life Insurance/Corbridge Financial provides life insurance and retirement products under one umbrella. The company offersPermanent life insurance, and final expense insurance, which is a Whole life insurance.
Corebridge Financial is a publicly traded company, which some people may prefer, considering things like financial disclosure requirements for public businesses.
AIG/Corbridge issues life insurance policies through American General Life Insurance Company, except in New York, where policies are issued through United States Life Insurance Company. Both companies have high financial strength ratings, including an A2 rating from Moody’s (which means it is subject to low credit risk based on Moody’s scale), an A rating from AM Best, an A+ rating from Fitch and Standard & Poor’s. A+ rating from So.
AIG Life Insurance Costs
AIG/Corebridge Financial has competitive rates compared to other life insurance providers.While coverage can vary significantly based on factors such as your age and health status, the company offers several options that can potentially help you find a policy within your budget.
That being said, it’s best to compare rates for your specific situation. For example, a life insurance provider may have higher quotes than competitors at one end of the coverage scale while being at the lower end for smaller policies.
You can now get a free personalized price quote from AIG.
Sample life insurance quote
The quotes below are based on $500,000 coverage for a 20-year term life insurance policy.
40 year old male
40 year old female
50 year old male
50 year old woman
Quotes for men are based on being 5’9″, 160 pounds, living in Texas, excellent health and never smoking. Quotes for women are based on being 5’4″, 140 pounds, living in Texas, having excellent health and Never smoke.
AIG Life Insurance Professionals
There are several positive aspects of AIG/Corbridge Financial’s life insurance policies, such as:
- Good financial strength rating: If you take out a life insurance policy, you want to trust the company’s ability to pay claims. Hence, Corebridge’s strong rating can give peace of mind to policyholders.
- Alternatives to No Medical Exam Policy: In some cases, Corebridge Financial offers options to issue policies without the need to be in person . If you are between the ages of 18-59, you may be eligible to be approved for coverage through its Agile Underwriting+ program with just a phone screening.
- Many term lengths: If you’re looking for a term life insurance policy, you might be trying to protect against a certain risk, such as you dying before you finish paying off your mortgage, which could leave your spouse in a difficult spot. Fortunately, AIG/Corbridge offers a range of term lengths from 10-35 years, rather than just being locked into the standard five-year increments. Taking out a 23-year-term life insurance policy, for example, can give you the specific coverage you’re looking for if you have 23 years left on your 30-year mortgage.
Get a free price quote now to see what you qualify for.
AIG Life Insurance Cons
While there are several advantages to choosing AIG Life Insurance/CoreBridge Financial, some disadvantages include:
- Limited financial services products: While Corebridge Financial offers financial services products in addition to life insurance, such as annuities and employer retirement plans, some people may prefer to choose a life insurer they know through other financial services products such as car insurance or wealth management offerings. Narrow scope may also limit scope for bundling .
- The maximum amount may not be enough for some people: The company appears to offer up to $2 million in coverage when requesting a quote online, though more coverage is available in some cases. Still, some other providers make it easier to get higher . So, if you’re a high-income earner, for example, you may not find the coverage you’re looking for as easily as you would with other insurers.
- Going through a rebrand: The rebrand from AIG to Corebridge Financial is still underway in some areas, such as renaming AIG Direct to Corebridge Direct for life insurance quotes. Company notes That “we are currently updating our website and materials to reflect this change. Rest assured – whether you’re looking at Corebridge or AIG – you’re in the right place.” Still, it’s possible you might get confused, such as if you’re looking for other AIG life insurance reviews and aren’t sure if they refer to before or after the change to Corebridge.
Overall, AIG Life Insurance, now Corebridge Financial, offers relatively affordable rates on both term and permanent life insurance, and the company has a high financial strength rating. This can be a good option for many people looking for life insurance. However, if you want to get your life insurance from the same company where you buy all your other types of insurance, for example, then this may not be the best choice.
Start by getting a free price quote to determine if AIG can work for you.