When you want to stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest in social media, follow trends, or learn new tricks and techniques from the experts, there’s no better way than podcasts. Podcasts have grown in popularity over the years for several reasons. One is that you can listen wherever you want. You can listen during your daily commute, while doing laundry and housework, or carpooling to kids’ activities. I personally enjoy a bit Stitcher Noise while on the treadmill at the gym.
If you’re not currently listening to a social media podcast, there’s no better time to start Here are some picks for the top podcasts about social media and online marketing to get you started:
1. The Social Media Marketing Podcast – From Michael Stelzner of Social Media Examiner, the source for all things social media. Michael will help you navigate your business through all the confusing parts of the social media jungle and bring you information on the latest trends, industry changes and more. You’ll learn new techniques and always get actionable tips that you can apply to your social media efforts today. Weekly updates. Show notes found
2. Social Pros Podcast: Real people doing real work on social media – There are many social media experts out there and many of them use podcasts as a way to reach their audience. That said, sometimes you want some information from social media “celebrities” versus actual people working in social media. That’s exactly what you’re going to get from this podcast.
3. Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield – Amy made a name for herself in the social media podcasting space early on. His program and his show about Facebook advertising and marketing are particularly popular. Amy’s podcast will help you break down the social media tasks you need to do in a manageable fashion, so it looks easy and you have the exact steps you need to do it.
4. Build your tribe with Chalene Johnson – Here’s a guy who hasn’t even started on social media Chalene is mostly known for her popular Beach Body DVD series but you probably didn’t know that she is also a business coach and social media expert. He learned how to use the power of social media to grow his business in a big way and in his podcast, he tells you how you can do it too.
5. Lacey Boggs – Lassie has a brand new podcast called PS You’ve Got This. She has some really great ladies to discuss topics like building sales funnels, using webinars to grow your business, and more. These are some really hot topics! Catch the podcast iTunes or stitcher.
6. Social Media Marketing Happy Hour – It’s rated the #1 Value Packed Podcast for Entrepreneurs by Entrepreneur.com. Hosts Don Mars Ortiz and Traci Reuter serve up bite-sized — usually 15-minute — tips a few times each week. Get in, get out. Get on with your day.
7. Brilliant business moms – I love Beth Ann and Sarah’s teaching and conversational style. You always seem like a friend. Their podcast doesn’t focus entirely on marketing, but they have a lot of great women to interview to discuss online business and blogging. They almost always get their favorite marketing platform and secret tips. I couldn’t find it on iTunes, but you can listen to the replay on their website or on Stitcher.
Now that you have this list of top podcasts about social media and online marketing, you have something to get started. You can listen to back episodes and once you’re all caught up, there’s a good chance you’ll uncover more great business and blogging podcasts along the way. There is so much wonderful information to be gained, if you miss out then you are doing yourself a disservice. Which one do you start with?